For most people, when they get a MacBook they sign into their iCloud account while setting it up and then turn on Find My Mac. But what happens if the MacBook breaks and you want to sell it? The best thing to do is to remove Find My Mac from your broken or liquid damaged MacBook as most companies won’t buy it from you until your iCloud account has been detached. The question is, how do I remove Find My Mac if my MacBook is no longer functional?
In this article we will go over the two methods you can use to easily remove Find My Mac off of a 2018 or newer broken MacBook.
Method 1: From another MacBook, iPhone, or iPad if you used the same iCloud account with the broken MacBook (if you used a different iCloud account then skip ahead to method 2 below).
1. Click on the "Find My" App on your iPhone or iPad (it looks like a green radar signal)
2. The App will open to all of your devices that are linked to your Apple ID. Simply expand the window and locate your MacBook and click on it.
3. Expand the window and towards the bottom click on "Remove This Device", and then confirm by clicking remove. Then enter your Apple ID password if promoted.
Method 2: Using iCloud.com
1. Go to iCloud.com/find
2. Sign in with the Apple ID and password you used on the broken MacBook you are selling.
3. At the top, click All Devices.
4. Select that MacBook to remove it from iCloud.
5. Click Remove from Account.
Once you have done this your MacBook should be removed from your iCloud account and ready to sell!
If you are looking to get an instant price quote for your broken MacBook, click here!