Are you getting ready to sell your MacBook but are worried about your personal information on it, or want to make sure it is ready for the next owner? Not to worry, this article is here to help! We will go over the easiest way to fully erase or reset your 2018 or newer MacBook. No matter if your Mac is a MacBook Pro or MacBook Air, this will work as long as you are running macOS Monterey or newer, and your MacBook is a 2018 or newer model.
Here is how it is done:
1. Click the Apple button at the top left of your desktop and then select System Preferences
2. When the system preferences window opens, click System Preferences in the top left corner of the screen then click Erase All Contents and Settings from the menu bar.
3. Enter your admin password in the next window and click OK.
4. If you haven't already backed up your important data, consider doing a Time ` Machine backup. Otherwise, click Continue.
5. Make sure all the settings, data, media, and other items will be removed. Click Continue.
6. Sign out of your Apple ID, then click Erase All Content & Settings.
After you have gone through all of these steps you should see the “Hello” screen appear on your MacBook. Once you see that you are done and your MacBook has been erased and reset! You can now shut it off by holding the power button
Looking to get an instant price offer on your MacBook? Click here to find out how much your device could be worth!